Rules and Regulations – SPONSOR: X MONDO HAIR LLC, 333 Washington Street, Suite 202, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Submit your best hair color look for a chance to become the 2022 XMONDO COLOR Awards winner.
- Upload a photo to Instagram showing us your best hair color look and then follow the website submission instructions below. Photos will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria: (i) Creativity; (ii) Artistry and (iii) Quality of the photo. Check out our guidelines below.
- Fill out and submit the entry form. Submissions will be accepted from October 3, 2022 at 12:00:01 am ET until November 3, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET.
- Hang tight. The top 5 finalists will be notified by email on or around November 4, 2022.
- The 2022 XMONDO COLOR Awards (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States & District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the date of entry. Void where prohibited. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States & District of Columbia. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor (and members of their household) are not eligible to enter.
- Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and identity per these Official Rules, which can include a background check and completion of documentation, the results of which must be completely satisfactory as determined by X MONDO HAIR LLC in its sole discretion. Additional eligibility requirements apply for winners, as described below.
- Agreement to Official Rules:
- Participation in this contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- The contest begins on October 3, 2022 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time, and ends on November 3, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”), and consists of two (2) phases as set forth in the chart below
|Phase||Eligible Participants||Start Date||End Date|
|Entry Submission/Challenge #1 Submission||All eligible participants||October 3, 2022 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time||November 3, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time|
|Voting Phase Challenge #1||November 3, 2022 at 12:01 pm Eastern Time||November 4, 2022 at 3:00 pm Eastern Time|
|Challenge #2 Packages||Top 5 Finalists||November 4, 2022 at 3:01 pm Eastern Time|
|Challenge #2 Submission||Top 5 Finalists||November 5, 2022||November 26, 2022 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time|
|Voting Phase Challenge #2||November 27, 2022 at 10:00 am Eastern Time||December 2, 2022 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time|
|Challenge #2 Winner Announcement||Winner||December 3, 2022 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time|
- How to Enter
- During the Initial Entry Submission Phase, visit https://xmondohair.com/pages/colorawards and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including your name, phone number, valid email address, a valid home address, and a link to an Instagram photo that best exemplifies your talent as a hair coloring artist. Watch the guideline video to ensure your Submission matches the requirements and restrictions. Here are some but not all of the important guidelines and restrictions:
- You must enter a public Instagram photo.
- You may use a model: but your submission must be completed by yourself.
- You may use any hair coloring products you would like; however, brand names and logos of products other than XMONDO COLOR must not be displayed or mentioned in your photo. Your use of or reference to XMONDO COLOR products will not positively impact the Winner Determination process described below.
- Submission must meet Instagram’s Terms of Service.
- By entering this contest and agreeing to these Official Rules, each entrant represents and warrants that they are the person listed on the entry form.
- Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any other individuals who appear in the Submission consent to the use of the Submission in the Contest to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Other than the entrant, all other individuals must be at least 18 years of age. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to X Mondo Hair LLC.
- Content Restrictions:
- Entrant's Submission must be his/her original work;
- Entrant may not make any claims or beliefs (positive or negative) about any product or its performance;
- Entrant may not make any statement about a brand other than XMONDO COLOR’s (including mere reference of its use);
- Product logos and brand names other than XMONDO COLOR’s may not be displayed;
- Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Submissions must not disparage XMONDO COLOR, XMONDO hair products, Brad Mondo, or any other person or party;
- Submissions must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by X Mondo Hair LLC, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- Submissions must not contain any content not created by entrant;
- Submissions must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, in each case as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- Submissions must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Submissions must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
- Limit: Each entrant may upload as many submissions as they please in the Initial Submission phase. If invited, each entrant may upload one (1) video for the Finalist Challenge. Submissions received from any person, email address or Instagram account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- X Mondo Hair LLC’s Use of all Submissions:
- Posting on Instagram or entering any Submission constitutes the entrant’s consent to give X Mondo Hair LLC, and its affiliates, a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, the entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for X Mondo Hair LLC or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights the entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- No Compensation Provided:
- By participating in this Contest, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that X Mondo Hair LLC may obtain many Submissions in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by X Mondo Hair LLC and that such Submissions may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to Entrant's Submission. Moreover, entrant acknowledges that his/her Submissions may be similar to materials developed by X Mondo Hair LLC. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have now or in the future for damages or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with any Submission or other material provided.
- Determination of Finalists
- Winners will be determined by the following process: First, X Mondo Hair LLC will select five Finalists based on the objective judging process described below. Finalists will be invited to participate in an additional challenge on the 5th of November 2022. For the Finalist Challenge, the Submissions will be judged using the “Judging Criteria” defined below.
- Initial Judging Phase: After the conclusion of the Initial Submission phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by X Mondo Hair LLC in its sole discretion will select the five (5) entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (the "Finalists") from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- 33% Creativity of the look;
- 33% Artistry in color application;
- 33% Quality of the photo production;
- In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “creativity of the look” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Finalist. In the event of a tied high score in “creativity of the look” the tied high scores will be re-judged and the one with the highest score will be deemed the Finalist. X Mondo Hair LLC reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) Finalists, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. The five (5) selected entrants will be notified by email or phone, using the information provided on the entry form.
- Video Challenges for Invited Finalists: The five (5) Finalists selected after the first challenge must be prepared to participate in an additional challenge with a final submission date of November 26, 2022.
- Prior to the beginning of each Video Challenge (dates set forth in the chart above), the applicable Finalists will be invited to participate. Finalists must create a Submission consistent with all of the guidelines, requirements, permissions, and content restrictions listed above. Finalists must post the applicable Submission on their Instagram account and provide a link to the Submission by email to X Mondo Hair LLC. Submissions provided after the end date for the applicable Video Challenge may not be included for public voting.
- Public Voting: After the final video challenge, there will be a public voting period. During the voting phase (dates and times set forth in the chart above), the applicable Finalists will be posted for public voting at https://xmondohair.com/pages/colorawards. Individuals may vote for the Submission they believe is the best. Limit: three (3) votes per e-mail address/person, each day during the applicable Voting Phase. For the purposes of this Contest, a day is defined as beginning at 12:00:01 am (midnight) Eastern Time and ending the following 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of the stated number will be void. Any attempt by any Finalist or voter to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by X Mondo Hair LLC in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the Submission and Finalist may be disqualified as determined by X Mondo Hair LLC in its sole discretion. X Mondo Hair LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise the vote counts should the voting as a whole appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in a significant way
- Determination of Winner: After the public voting phase, the valid vote tallies will be used to determine each contestant’s score. The submission with the highest score will be the winner.
- Prizes: The winner of the 2022 XMONDO COLOR Awards will receive a one (1) year supply of XMONDO COLOR products (in the form of sixty (60) jars of color product) and a $10,000USD check. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $11,680. All taxes and unspecified expenses shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that X Mondo Hair LLC and its designees may use the Finalists’ name, city, state or province, territory, likeness, Submissions, Prize Footage, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet and ecommerce sites, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration to winner or any third party, except where prohibited by law. X Mondo Hair LLC shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent X Mondo Hair LLC chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
- General Conditions: X Mondo Hair LLC reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by X Mondo Hair LLC in its sole discretion. If terminated, X Mondo Hair LLC may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. X Mondo Hair LLC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, X Mondo Hair LLC reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. X Mondo Hair LLC failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless X Mondo Hair LLC, Facebook Inc., Instagram, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY INSTAGRAM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM.